Sleds, a Frozen Pond, and Some Worms

After a 12 year hiatus from sledding after falling and breaking my two front teeth out, I dediced to give it another try...it's so much easier sledding on snow instead of ice, who knew? The results were good- no broken teeth. It was a perfect day of some great runs down the hill, wet buts, great weather and lots of laughs. There was one incident, though- a minor wipeout by me, just took out a dog and a small child, no big deal. I would have felt at least a little better if I hadn't hit that dog three times... All in all though, good day!

At the top of the hill


Team 3!


After a great day sledding, we all came back to Craig & Amy's house where we are staying for the week in Iowa City, and Craig took us out to the pond in the back to ice fish! The ice was at least 8 inches thick, no chance of falling through, although I think it would have made for an exciting afternoon and adventure. Maybe next time.

First frozen body of water to stand on ever!


Bryan and Craig drilling the hole


Ladle-ing out the slush


Katie, Andrew & Craig....waiting Waiting...


Waiting...


...Still waiting..


Well, at the end of the day, does it really matter if you caught no fish? I say, it's the memories made, and the pictures you got, that really count.

0 comments: